Classic handicap races for LRNSC members - 2016
LRNSC members are invited to participate in these classic handicap races for fun and to give yourself an extra workout. They are run on a handicap basis over two laps following the training sessions and courses on:
4pm 22 May
4pm 19 June
4pm 9 October
3.30pm 6 November
3.30pm 20 November
Free of charge, entry on the day only.
- Everyone must use Marwe Combi Skis. If you don’t have them then the Club skis will be handed out and no choice given – complaints will not be accepted.
- Timing will be done on a Micky Mouse watch by one of the organisers.
- Results will be recorded on the back of an envelope.
- In any dispute the decision of the organiser will be final.
- Any one feeling very strongly about the last rule may submit a written protest, accompanied by a deposit of £50 which will forfeited if the protest is not upheld.
- Following the first of these races, you will be given a handicap which will be used to determine start times in subsequent races. Handicaps may be adjusted up or down as the series continues.
The winner will be granted first choice of the post race cakes [to eat on the spot, not take away!].
To show that racing can be fun and to encourage all club members of whatever standard to participate.