Learn to cross country ski or improve your skiing
How to get started
- Book a cross country skiing holiday aimed at beginners which includes tuition from qualified instructors with a tour operator like Exodus or if you don't mind arranging your own travel, with a specialist company like Totally Nordic. Alternatively book with a mainstream tour operator like Inghams or Crystal who highlight cross country resorts and offer tuition packages at local ski schools. Alternatively get lessons from the ski school in your chosen resort.
Join LRNSC so you can learn more about cross country skiing and how you can prepare for your holiday and then come on a Club trip. Read about our cross country skiing activities and membership benefits.
Want to improve your skills?
In addition to the above:
- Learn to rollerski to improve your co-ordination and balance - LRNSC organises rollerski training courses and informal practice sessions, SSE also runs skills development courses, or learn with commercial company, The Rollerski Co.
- Improve your fitness with aerobic sports like walking, running, cycling. Nordic walking is particularly helpful - you improve co-ordination and get an all-over workout.
- Go on Club ski trips that include coaching, or SSE's skills development week.
- Give yourself a challenge - enter and train for a popular cross country ski race - read more on our ski racing page.